We Are Many Parts is the name of a hymn that I'll be playing in church tomorrow. I'm a trumpet player and occasional visionary. I've been musing on that hymn the last few days.
I had something of a vision a couple of weeks ago. I've been wondering about it, and how it fits in with my view of the Universe.
Here's what I think.
I think everything is connected in ways that we don't quite comprehend yet.
I think that we're on the verge of an explosion of comprehension that will rival the Second Coming.
Oh, and a whole lot more. Let me talk a bit about the "vision" I had the other day.
I was asleep, dreaming. It was quite an amazing dream. Somehow, I don't know how, I could "see" the entire universe. It wasn't seeing, really. It was thinking and knowing.
Remember, this was a dream. Part of me knew that I was asleep, or half asleep in my bed.
I'm not some sort of wacko nut-case. I'm pretty lucid. Yet there I was, catching a glimpse of consciousness on the level of the universe. Or should I say Universe with a capital U.
Here's what the "vision" said to me: The Universe is one giant brain. One huge consciousness. All the stars, they're like synapses in the human brain. The ones that are so numerous I read somewhere that there are as many in your brain and my brain as there are in the known universe. (How can that be?)
Well, the way it can be, I presume, is if we are many parts, but we're simultaneously all one. We're all linked together with everything else in this universe. And God is having an awareness of that consciousness at a Universal level.
That was a snippet of what I experienced the other day. I should maybe write down the date before I become unable to retrieve it.
Part of it was prompted by a mention in a sermon by the priest at church the preceding Sunday. He talked about the use of the word "con-substantial" in one profession of faith during the Catholic mass. How it means that Christ is so much a part of god that they can't be separated or even distinguished from one another.
I realized that that's just how I am with this universal consciousness that I was privileged enough to glimpse during that moment of my dream.
And that all of us are connected in the same way.
I recalled Steve Jobs' last words. In a lovely article written by his sister, who held his hand as he died, he was saying, "Oh, wow, oh, wow, oh, wow."
I woke up saying those same words.
I feel lucky that I didn't have to die to catch the glimpse of eternity that I did.
More later.
David Boe
5/26/12
I had something of a vision a couple of weeks ago. I've been wondering about it, and how it fits in with my view of the Universe.
Here's what I think.
I think everything is connected in ways that we don't quite comprehend yet.
I think that we're on the verge of an explosion of comprehension that will rival the Second Coming.
Oh, and a whole lot more. Let me talk a bit about the "vision" I had the other day.
I was asleep, dreaming. It was quite an amazing dream. Somehow, I don't know how, I could "see" the entire universe. It wasn't seeing, really. It was thinking and knowing.
Remember, this was a dream. Part of me knew that I was asleep, or half asleep in my bed.
I'm not some sort of wacko nut-case. I'm pretty lucid. Yet there I was, catching a glimpse of consciousness on the level of the universe. Or should I say Universe with a capital U.
Here's what the "vision" said to me: The Universe is one giant brain. One huge consciousness. All the stars, they're like synapses in the human brain. The ones that are so numerous I read somewhere that there are as many in your brain and my brain as there are in the known universe. (How can that be?)
Well, the way it can be, I presume, is if we are many parts, but we're simultaneously all one. We're all linked together with everything else in this universe. And God is having an awareness of that consciousness at a Universal level.
That was a snippet of what I experienced the other day. I should maybe write down the date before I become unable to retrieve it.
Part of it was prompted by a mention in a sermon by the priest at church the preceding Sunday. He talked about the use of the word "con-substantial" in one profession of faith during the Catholic mass. How it means that Christ is so much a part of god that they can't be separated or even distinguished from one another.
I realized that that's just how I am with this universal consciousness that I was privileged enough to glimpse during that moment of my dream.
And that all of us are connected in the same way.
I recalled Steve Jobs' last words. In a lovely article written by his sister, who held his hand as he died, he was saying, "Oh, wow, oh, wow, oh, wow."
I woke up saying those same words.
I feel lucky that I didn't have to die to catch the glimpse of eternity that I did.
More later.
David Boe
5/26/12
Comments
Post a Comment